The Scholar’s Corner – Statement of Faith
The Scholar’s Corner agrees with the following doctrinal position:
1. We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments in their original autographs are the inspired and infallible Word of God, the complete revelation of God’s will for the salvation of men, and the divine and final authority for Christian faith and life (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
2. We believe in one true and living God, Creator of all things, manifested personally as Father, Son, and Holy Ghost (Isaiah 37:16; 1 John 5:7).
3. We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ the Lord, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death on the Cross, in His bodily resurrection and ascension to the right hand of the Father on high, and in His personal return in power and glory (Romans 10:9).
4. We believe that all men are lost apart from Jesus Christ, who alone is the “way, the truth, and the life,” by which men come to the Father, and that there is “no other name under heaven by which men might be saved” (John 14:6; Acts 4:12). Salvation is by grace, through faith, and that not of ourselves: “it is a gift of God” (Ephesians 2:8).
5. We believe in the spiritual “new birth” of the believer, “the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit” that produces a “walk in newness of life” progressively transforming him into the image of the Son (John 3:3; Romans 6:4; 8:29; 2 Corinthians 3:18).
6. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit to convict, teach, lead, and empower the believer to live a holy life, and the present ministry of the Holy Spirit in church gatherings with attendant gifts and manifestations that edify the Body of Christ consistent with God’s Word (John 14-16; 1 Corinthians 12-14).
7. We believe in the ultimate and inevitable rule of the Kingdom of God, the coming of Christ in judgment, and the resurrection of both the believer and the unbeliever.
8. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Body of Christ (Ephesians 4:1-6; John 17:23).